If selling cosmetics and skin care products and making a bit of extra money seems appealing to you. Then it’s likely you have come across the Younique MLM opportunity. I mean, what can be better than making money by promoting something that sells well and at the same time enjoy what you are doing? In this Younique MLM review, I reveal the good and the bad and by the end of this review, you will know whether it’s something that you will want to do or something that would want to avoid…Teaser alert-You will be surprised by what I have discovered about this so-called opportunity!
What is Younique?
Younique is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company specializing in the direct sales of skincare products and cosmetics.
Founded in 2012 by brother and sister Derek Maxfield and Melanie Huscroft, and based in Utah. Younique employs more than 200 people and has over 1 million reps worldwide selling the Younique brand.
With annual revenue exceeding $400 million. Younique gives individuals the opportunity to make money by selling cosmetics.
What Products Do Younique Sell?
Younique sells similar skincare and cosmetics to the likes of Avon Cosmetics and Mary Kay. These can include products such as eyeliner, eyeshadow, eye primer, fillable palettes, eye brushes, lash sets, eye sets, lipstick, lip gloss, lip care, lip liner, lip stain, lip brushes, lip sets,
Foundation, bb cream, highlight & contour, face primer, bronzer & blusher, concealer, face brushes, face sets
Plus also, cleansers, masks, moisturizers, toners, and serums
The Younique MLM Business Opportunity
Almost anyone can have the opportunity to work with Younique by becoming a direct seller.
Basically, you pay to join Younique as a representative. You sell the products to your contacts (Freinds, family members, work colleagues, etc,) and hopefully make money.
Because Younique an MLM company, anyone who signs up to sell the products will get the chance to earn a commission based on the sales achieved. These commissions can range from 20% to 30% depending on your status and how many people you recruit into selling the brand.
Recruitment is another part of this MLM scheme. Yes, you can get by with direct selling the products but Younique recommends that you also get others to sign up as direct sellers. This is why many people believe that Younique is a pyramid scheme.
So, Is Younique a Pyramid Scheme?
No, Younique is not a pyramid scheme. Because it is not compulsory to recruit other members, it is only recommended if you want to earn more money from your downline’s sales.
How Much Does It Cost To Join Younique?
It costs $99 to get started when you join, and for this money, you will get some sample products and a personal website. So you can promote the products through social media.
How To Make Money Selling Younique
A new way to make money selling Younique is to host online selling parties. This is becoming more popular now due to social distancing, etc. This is quite cool because you can host a party from the comfort of your own home. And without having anyone there (So no cleaning up after).
You can still sell the products the old way. That’s by hosting a little party from your home and inviting guests around for a few drinks and snacks. With the aim to promote the products and get sales.
Promoting products through social media is also becoming more popular. This is when you promote products to your social media network with the hope that they click on the link to your website and make some orders. Then you make a commission. But there is a big problem with this and I will explain it more in my pros and cons section.
Can You Make Money Selling Younique?
This is a hard question to answer because it depends on who you are, how good you are at selling. Plus how many contacts you have.
For example, someone who lives alone is a bit shy and barely knows anyone will have hardly any chance of selling any products. Compared to someone who is outgoing, has loads of friends and family members. Maybe someone who is respected online will have a great chance to make money selling Younique, so it depends on who you are.
You may be able to make a few extra dollars now and again by promoting the products to friends and family. But for a long-term reliable income, it can be hard unless you are some kind of Instagram influencer. (They are the ones who make a lot of money by promoting all types of brands).
The Pros of Younique
- Evergreen Products: The skincare and cosmetics industry has a huge market and people will be buying these products every day of the year. These products will be around forever.
- Super Quick Payout: You could receive commissions in as little as 3 hours from when you have made a sale. This is very quick for an MLM company.
- Free Personal Website: When you sign-up as a seller, you will receive a personal website with built-in payment options. So you can start making sales straight away.
- Free Training: Younique offers weekly training courses, a private FaceBook group, and many tips from getting started to selling online.
- Available Worldwide: Younique is a huge MLM company. People from all over the world, from all walks of life, are able to sell the Younique brand.
The Cons of Younique
- An MLM Company: MLM companies are pretty crafty because they know that they only have to pay-out to the best-performing people. They do not have to pay anything to people struggling to make sales, this cuts out most of their overheads. They do not need to spend money on advertising, they do not have to pay salaries. It’s is a proven fact that less than 1% of people actually selling for MLM companies make very little money or even make a loss.
- You Can Lose Freinds: This is the problem when trying to promote products through social media. Especially with MLM products! You will be blocked by some of your network of contacts and sometimes reported for spam. Just take a look at the Facebook group MLM lies exposed and you will see hundreds of stories about people trying to promote MLM products. You can see the desperation to sell in the posts.
- Tough Competition: With over 1 million people selling the same products and at the same price, it can be very competitive. Unless you are great at selling online and can outrank the rest. Or you have a large network of personal contacts.
- Lawsuits: Younique has had lawsuits issued against them in the past and this is mostly based on false advertising claims.
Is Younique a Scam?
Younique is not a scam. It’s only a bad business model which they are using (MLM) and this business model has a very bad reputation. Most people try to avoid buying from a person selling MLM products.
But with that being said, there are people claiming to make good money by selling Younique products. But I’m not sure if these people actually work for Younique directly or if they are trying to recruit other members with the hope of making commissions from the recruit’s sales?
Younique MLM Review Conclusion.
Most often, when doing my research on MLM companies, I discover so many bad things about these companies. But I find Younique kind of neutral.
I don’t regard Younique as a bad company. There are people selling the products and making a bit of extra money but then again, nothing stands out great about this company because, at the end of the day, it’s only a simple MLM. Ordinary people make a few extra dollars in their spare time selling cosmetics to friends.
I can’t see direct sellers making great money. The only people making the money are the ones on top of the ladder (or the pyramid)
I hope this Younique MLM review has been of some value to you. And if you were to join, then I wish you the best of luck.
But if you are looking for an alternative way to make money for yourself, then why not check out my best recommendation for starting your own online business. You will learn how to make money by promoting anything which you wish and without pressure. Plus you will get everything you need to become a success. Including training, a website, and all the tools you need, you can even try it out for free.
Meanwhile, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them down below and I will get right back to you.
Ready To Earn Your First $1,000 Online?
I would like to help you make your first $1,000 online.
By following the link below, you can be part of the amazing training platform that helped me make my first $1,000 online and you gain instant access to this for FREE (no payment card required!